No announcement yet.

stalls out under 2000 rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just ordered new fuel filter and clear hoses, also a brand new vacuum petcock from z1 hope all this helps my situation....lol

Comment

and now a carb o-ring set....lol

Comment

Sounds like you are getting there!

Good luck and let us know what the result is once you have completed the mandatorys!!

Comment

Originally posted by tlepac View Post
          Sounds like you are getting there!

Good luck and let us know what the result is once you have completed the mandatorys!!
          i'll post up as soon as im done. start out with all the usual issues and then go from there...

Comment

ok so i got my carb sync tool, got my valve gasket and little cheap tool to adjust them, so i thought, what the heck, try sync'ing the carbs and adjusting the valves. well much to my suprise, the #4 carb was off about 1/4 of a turn. thats it. the fricken valves are dead on, checked em twice to see if i was loosing my mind. so from here, hmmmmmm?????? i have my o-ring set and im waiting for my bowl gaskets and then its on to rebuilding the carbs i guess. i checked all kinds of adjustments from the manual, throttle cable and so on, they are on now, but she still stalls out below 2000 rpms and when i gun the throttle she dies quick, sounds like shes getting too much air.
            i checked the airbox and all the hoses, nothing indicating anything wrong.
            oh and i replaced the petcock with a suzuki replacement.
            hmmmm?

Comment

got my bowl gaskets and the first carbs sleeping in berrymans carb dip....

Comment

Hi,

You are on your way!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                  Hi,

You are on your way!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                  im tellin ya, i read all your pages as i go...lol...nest is the electrical tests...yipppppy.

Comment

Working...
                  X