Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 1100 exhaust on a 82 650

would this work with a stock setup or would there be issues

Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2010, 12:39 PM.

I'm shooting from the hip here, but i believe the exhaust ports on the head are alot larger for the 1100.
    1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

Originally posted by brveagle View Post
      I'm shooting from the hip here, but i believe the exhaust ports on the head are alot larger for the 1100.
      Dunno ifthey are larger (probably) but they are FOR sURE spaced differently.Also kinda hard to tell in that pic but I'm almost bettng the house that that is no stock GS 1100 (or GS anything post 1980) exhaust. There is not cross over pipe, and the cans have a weird kick in the back. Port spacing looks way off too.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2010, 01:59 PM.

Comment

they are claimed to be hooker brand but not stock....but since they came off of a 81 1100e they spacing is for that

Comment

Originally posted by shibby_cbs View Post
          they are claimed to be hooker brand but not stock....but since they came off of a 81 1100e they spacing is for that
          I may be wrong but AFAIK Hooker never made headers for GSs. Hondas for sure. That's the hot ticket for the old CBs. But I have never seen one on a GS. I could be totally wrong however. Again I was gonna suggest Honda cos that's what they looked like to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
            I may be wrong but AFAIK Hooker never made headers for GSs. Hondas for sure. That's the hot ticket for the old CBs. But I have never seen one on a GS. I could be totally wrong however. Again I was gonna suggest Honda cos that's what they looked like to me.
            well i think im gonna pass on them anyway...too many questions and not enough difinitive answers...thanks guys...reference this thread to get up to speed with my situation if you arnt already

Comment

Not even close
              Maybe posplayr could make it fit.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
              X