New exhaust advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New exhaust advice

My old stock exhaust is on its last legs. My 78 gs1000 is set up as a long distance iron butt bike, and I want to replace the system with long and quiet mufflers.
    Long ones are needed to clear the vetter bags, and ensure that the fumes do not enter the calm air behind the fairing. Quiet is very important on long rides.

I plan to cut the old mufflers off, and install new ones slip on style. Way easier to work with, and future changes are much easier without having to work with long and unwieldy pieces. I am looking for 4 into 2 mufflers suitable for this application. Even Harley pipes-some of them seem very quiet and long enough. Ones that don't require a radical re-tune would be a bonus. Anyone know the models for Harley pipes?

I have seen the JC Whitney models, but I am looking for better quality. Function trumps looks here. Ideas are welcome.

Also, I will have for sale on this site a set of original, brand new pristine Alphabet mufflers. Perfect chrome, original wrapping. Intended to go with their headers.I didn't want to cut them, and anyway, their pipe layout works best with their own headers.

I will do a proper ad when I figure out how to post photos.

Anyone interested, PM me. First chance to GSR members

Harley take off's are usually a good price & their chrome is usually to a high standard... any dealerships near you?

www.photobucket.com for pics. Go there. Make an account, public one. Then upload your photos to it. Once you have uploaded them copy (ctrl C) the IMG code which is in the box below (says for message boards I think) & then paste (ctrl V) into the reply box here & Bob is your mother's brother...

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
    X