Airbox snorkle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox snorkle

Hi, all, doing the carb thing and discovered the snorkle on my airbox wasn't properly installed, causing some deformation and one small tear in the lip that goes inside the airbox.
    is this a major deal? am I screwed?
    I also discovered that Mikunis are a bit more complex than the Keihiens (did I spell that right?) my Kawi had, big props to John Bloemer for a comprehensive write up with lots of pics, and to Bikecliff for his webpage with all the great GS knowledge in one place, and also to Robert Barr for a great, low cost 'rebuild kit' and his companies great customer service.
    Nessism,saw those fuel inlet filter screens you told me about, that's cool as he!!.
    I was going to replace all those strip prone phillips head screws with Allen head, a la Renobruce, but my local hard ware store doesn't have then in the needed quantity, so I went with hex heads instead (can't use them on float bowls, though, I'll have to use the stock screws till I can get enough Allen heads)
    Yes, I did replace the intake boots, too.
    Carb 1 done, 2 soaking, 3 and 4 waiting their turns

Not likely to be a big deal IF you can get back into its original placement. Maybe a small dab of RTV if you really think you'll need it. The fuel vapor will weaken it, over time, though...

Comment

If you can repair the snorkel with some sort of adhesive, it should be fine.

There's some stuff that's gas resistant -- I think it's called Stix-All or something like that. You can also find a gas-resistant adhesive (made by Permatex, I think) at Wal-Mart in the automotive section, near the RTV.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Thanx, fellas

Comment

Working...
        X