carb rejetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb rejetting

well since im going to redoing the carbs... i though i might as well rejet it ... i so far order pod filter for the bike and have stock exhaust i was wondering what jets i should get for it... gs450t... ive searched but maybe people have diffrent setup and i couldn't find just a stock gs450t with a pod filter... plz help

most people don't install pods until after upgrading their exhaust pipe from what i know so far.
    I think you would be looking at stage 2 since you still have the stock exhaust, the dynojet site will give you a better idea

here is the site
    Our Dynojet jet kits for carburetor vehicles is the perfect option for upgrading your air/fuel ratio for more power and speed than ever before. Buy now!

Comment

since i don't have an exhuast u think i even have to rejet it or can i just mess around with the mixture screw

Comment

Originally posted by rmathew313 View Post
        since i don't have an exhuast u think i even have to rejet it or can i just mess around with the mixture screw
        Re-jetting is required.

Comment

damn i didn't think the jets were that expensive... im guessing these are the top of the line one huh? is there any other brands that i could use?

Comment

Dude, a jet is a jet. If you pay 6 or 7 dollars for an original Mikuni jet, or get the OE (Aftermarket) Mikuni jets at a local dealership for 3 dollars, it will do exactly the same thing. You can even find charts online that tell you exactly what drill bits to use to drill your jets out so you don't have to keep buying new jets while you are tuning. It'll get you close to the right A/F mix and then you can go buy the right jets once and done.

So go to your local stealership with one of your current jets and tell them that you need whatever size and they'll set you up. They got a whole box of different sizes.

Comment

Working...
            X