Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question #10452: Cable or lever operated choke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid question #10452: Cable or lever operated choke?

What do you prefer? the cable operated choke on the tree or the lever down on the carbs?

I have parts for both setups and the rack is out so I can go either way with about 10 minutes work..

One of those little choke plunger bushings broke so it's going to be apart anyway.

I like the cable on the bars. Just easier and no hunting around in the dark, for the choke...

Comment

Hi,

I like my choke right there in the middle of the handlebars.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

thumb lever
        easy to modulate

Comment

I like the lever on the carbs. Easy to reach, it's always in the same place, there are no cables and no wimpy plastic lever, easier to take the carbs out.

Girly men probably like the cute little levers.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

well then... where's my skirt?

Comment

Having had GS's with both My vote goes to the carb choke setup

Comment

Just call me Girly Man, plastic lever on handle bar is for me. Im lucky enough to have eight bikes, and eight choke levers or knobs in eight different locations. I like my GS choke lever right there on the left side of the handle bar where I can reach it with my thumb while my left hand remains on the grip. If you go with a lever on the handle bar be sure to lube the cable before installation, makes choke operation much smoother.

Take Care

Girly Man...er.... Tim

Comment

I've had bikes with both... and I have a bike w/o a choke at all (fist time I've thought about that).

For some reason a choke at the carb makes me feel more connected with the whole bike. It is more clumsy, but when starting the bike it feels as if there is more to do... in watchmakers terminology it is a "complication".

For pure convenience left side handlebar... but there's little convenient about owning at 30 year old bike!

Comment

Working...
                  X