Adjustments on My Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustments on My Carb

My bike's stalling at low speeds and idle. I don't wanna have it serviced but I may have to. The only adjustments I see on my carb are the idle screw (the big one on the bottom) air mixture screws (the small ones on top, formally with caps on them) and the carb sync screws (the ones near the throttle cable). I'm wondering if I have a fuel mixture screw and where its located. Any other guidance would be appreciated. Thanx.

Check your air filter, clean your carbs, check your plugs. Regular maintenence and see how it goes.

Comment

am I missing something here? All '82s should have BS carbs, correct?

if so, big screw on the bottom is the drain plug for the bowls. The screw on top that had the cap on it is the fuel mixture. There is no air screw on those carbs.

Turn the fuel screw out 1/4 turn at a time to richen the mixture.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi,

Here you see the "idle mixture screw" and the "vacuum adjust screw" (what you called the 'carb sync' screw):

Here, along with everything else, you see the main "idle adjustment screw" (the 'idle screw'):

Mr. Ohioan is correct, there is not "air screw" on these carbs.

Mr. Danjal is correct, you should probably clean your carbs properly because it sounds like you have plugged pilot circuits.

If the blockage is not too bad you might be able to get it to run better by using a few big doses of Seafoam in the next few tanks of gas. But a proper cleaning is strongly encouraged. Have you adjusted the float height? Replaced intake boot O-rings? Adjusted the valves? You'll find just about all you need to know in your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
        Last edited by Guest; 06-19-2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X