Exhaust ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust ideas?

My 81 GS650gl is in bad need of a new can set. I was wondering if I had a brand new set of downpipes what could I fit within reason to the end? I would love some slash cut straight pipes or someting meaty.

Harley take offs have been done.... Would seem a logical way to get the look you want..
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I was going to make a set of upswepts (scrambler style) for the 1100L, but the stock pipes off the other bike were in good shape.

Comment

Mac Header still make a chrome 4-2 and 4-1 system for your bike. From there I am sure you could fit any pipe from the collector back. I know that the 4-1 system is 2.5" out of the collector, not sure about the 4-2.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Fizzyhair,

You will find all kinds of suggestions for parts and tips for getting your bike running well in your "mega-welcome". I'm glad you found us. Let's get started.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks! I'm going to Like it here I think lol.
            Does it sound good with harley pipes?

Will upload project pics asap!

Comment

Working...
            X