Missing airbox screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing airbox screw

So I got to the point of fixing the airbox on the GS550L I'm restoring and I add weatherstripping then i go to screw it down and I find the previous owner only gave me one screw for the airbox cover, where can i get this screw? none of the schematics seem to have a number for it.

Also, when i touch the filter material it seems to falls apart, seems as though ill need a new one. Where can these be purchased cheap. I'd prefer OEM so i dont have to mess with jetting.

Hardware store. Bring the one you have and ask for a match.

Comment

ok cool, I was thinking maybe it was some special japanese voodoo screw.

Comment

Many options for air-box filters.
        Uni
        K&N
        Stock
        Try mrcycles.com for stock or Ebay for all
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

so on that site, here it list 2 parts that point to the filter, part 2 and 3, is 3 just the filter material?

Is it possible to just replace the filter material for alot cheaper? anyone try this?

Comment

Part #2 is the box itself. Part #3 is the filter.
            Larry D
            1980 GS450S
            1981 GS450S
            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

well thats pretty sweet... is it possible to buy filter material and slap it together myself?

Comment

I wouldn't recommend it......Why would you ? The dang thing is only $13....

If you have a Suzuki dealer near you, you may get lucky and they'll have one in stock.
                Larry D
                1980 GS450S
                1981 GS450S
                2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

$13 is the list price, after shipping id expect more like $40 because i live in Canada. If I cant find a local dealer, making it myself would feel awfully satisfying.

Comment

Ahhh...yes...Canada shipping is terrible....maybe some of the other folks from there will chime in.

I've never heard of anyone doing that, but, that doesn't mean it can't be done.
                    Larry D
                    1980 GS450S
                    1981 GS450S
                    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Working...
                    X