want my 85 gs 700e to sound good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want my 85 gs 700e to sound good.

was wondering if there were any tricks to get my bike to sound good or if there were any body that still makes a 4 into 1 for my bike. Can anybody help me?

Occasionally new pipes come up. Don't think V&H still do one for that model but maybe. Ebay is your friend. I have a Bassani on mine.

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Scored this on Ebay awhile back...

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. robbieizle,

You'll find all kinds of vendors in your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by robbieizle View Post
          was wondering if there were any tricks to get my bike to sound good ...
          The best way to get it to sound "good" is to adjust the valves, clean the carbs, make sure the ignition is spot-on and sync the carbs.

Your bike will sound GREAT then.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

This is a Hindle header and midpipe meant for a first generation GSXR750. They were still available from Hindle on closeout up until a few weeks ago and might still be. I am using my Yosh RS-3 can with it.

Comment

Working...
            X