Some one please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Octain View Post
    No, you're correct. My bad, I kinda missed the no tank thing.

Did you "completely" dissassemble the carbs?

No worries at all my friend.

I took the carbs apart as much as I dared. I did remove all of the jets, throttle body, etc. etc., and did find some debris. I am pretty confident the carbs are at least much better than they were before I started cleaning.

Now, did I put it all back together correctly and what are the settings...that's the real question~

Comment

If ya have to use the tutorial basscliff gave ya and take your time and make sure.
      Those carbs are extremely touchy and if not PERFECT the bike will not run correctly.
      Be VERY carefull to take great care and dont bugger up any of those screws, especially the jets. MAke sure your screw drivers fit and take your time. Read read read...
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
        If ya have to use the tutorial basscliff gave ya and take your time and make sure.
        Those carbs are extremely touchy and if not PERFECT the bike will not run correctly.
        Be VERY carefull to take great care and dont bugger up any of those screws, especially the jets. MAke sure your screw drivers fit and take your time. Read read read...

I will re-read the carb papers and try to make sure all is well. Right now I would just be happy to get the beast running and ride it around the block a few times!

I'll put all of this new info to good use and report back my success (or lack therof).

Thanks again!

Comment

Make sure your fuel line is connected to the right place. Did you redo your float heights? Are the needles and seats in correctly? IE not upside down?

The way you're running it verify the fuel is all the way to the line where it hooks up to the carbs. Just to be sure. After that its all internal to the carbs.

Check your externals first. Correct hose routing? Etc.

Comment

Working...
          X