Need Help Pleeeease.....ughh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Pleeeease.....ughh

new to bikes and have a question. outside of the main jet size, the position of the needles and the air/fuel mixture screws is there something else that would control the amount of flow of the fuel to the bikes engine. i just had the carbs completely rebuilt with stage 3 kit and have a manual petcock and blocked the vacuum line and no matter what i do i am sucking fuel at a crazy rate and the bike runs sooo rich. i took out the 130 mains and installed the 124's from the kit and that did not even make a difference? am i missing something simple??? thanks.

Air bleed holes in front of carb plugged ? Vent tubes or hoses blocked ?

Comment

air bleed holes????

Comment

At the front of the carb block is two hoses (one left one right) that basically pass over the carbs and dangle down beside the air box. These are breather hoses. There is a third hose in that side usually middle. This is a vaccum hose. Then there is the main fuel hose on the rear of the block. Best to go browse the carb rebuild pages if in any doubt. To say they are informative is a understatment.

Comment

If you installed a stage 3 kit, more air on the intake side is obligatory.

Have you checked the float hights?

Comment

i have pod filters bringing in more air to the intake side of the carbs. i thought it was too much air so i put a pair of socks over them to decrease flow and it did not seem to make any difference. i had a guy who used to work for a local bike place rebuild my carbs and i myself have not checked the float heights. i did find out tonight that the plug wire going to number 2 cylinder was semi faulty. i grabbed it and it pulled apart with some effort. i put it back together and it seemed to run the same but i am sure it should be replaced. the insulated part of the wire on that cylinder was extremely hot compared to the rest. i checked all the boots for a vacuum leak thinking that is what it could be and they all seem good. i sprayed them each with carb cleaner with no change it idle or under load. its just strange the bike sounds so strong it just has no torque. keep on trying.

Originally posted by Pedda View Post
            If you installed a stage 3 kit, more air on the intake side is obligatory.

Have you checked the float hights?

Comment

Float height would be a good place to start. Retarded timing could do it too.

Comment

Take a picture of your carbs and post them. Maybe its a hose thats incorrectly installed. The PO of mine had the vents for the bowls linked to each other and all it did was suck fuel fuel fuel and more fuel trying to displace the air that was supposed to be in the bowls above the floats. It was bad.. 4k+ idle, fuel rolling out the carbs form the idle circuits. A simple yank on the vent line connecting both vents and that problem was solved.

Comment

Working...
                X