Fuel gauge send unit.... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel gauge send unit.... ?

Hey guys, I've finally got all the electrical bugs worked out of my 82 650gl (knock on wood) and now i'd like to get the fuel gauge working. I tested it as the manual described and have determined that the sending unit is bad, not the gauge itself. Now, the problem is that i've searched all over the parts websites and can not find a sending unit... can anyone help?

Keep an eye on fleabay...they do come up.

Comment

Hi,

On my website there is a "Fuel Gauge Send Unit Repair" guide. (Thank you Mr. Jethro!) Maybe it will help you.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I just went through that fuel gauge sender repair method on my 850....easy, took about 1/2 hour, including removing/draining tank.

Sender works now, too....

Comment

I just did a 850. It was a dead short at the sending unit. So I pulled it out and inspected the resistance wire and connections. All seemed fine. Then it ohmed out OK. 40 ohms full and 140 ohms empty (or vise versa). Hopefully it was just the insulated wire inside the tank grounding against the cover inside.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
            Hi,

On my website there is a "Fuel Gauge Send Unit Repair" guide. (Thank you Mr. Jethro!) Maybe it will help you.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
            Thanks Basscliff, I should have known to just check your website

Comment

Working...
            X