Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 carbs on an 81 GS1000G, Possible?

Hi all,
    A friend gave me some gs1000 1979 jetted carbs with pods. Thing is, i have a GS1000G. I know that the ports are 34mm on the G model, and 26mm on the 79 bike, but if I get the smaller rubbers, will they fit on the engine mounts? Or should i not bother?

You would have to make a little adapter plate, the screw spacing is different. It would be easy to make, no big deal.

Why do you want the the smaller carbs?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Was thinking about removing the airbox as i like the pod look, Maybe easier just to rejet, just that I havent got a clue about how to do it. Done most other things on bikes but that.
      Any thoughts?

Comment

It'll be easier to rejet.

If you've never done it before the guys on here can help you through it or you could just by a Dynojet kit. I prefer to mess about with carbs without spending on a kit but most of the guys on here will tell you the opposite. Here's all you need to do with a kit:

By the way, if those slide carbs are VM28s, Agemax (member here) was looking for some recently. Might help you both out.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Cheers dude, will check that out, was thinking about dynojetting, did it in on my race bikes. Will see what the carbs are, they are slides.

Comment

Working...
          X