idle screw mount for 81 gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle screw mount for 81 gs750

does any one know where I could get a mount for the idle screw for my 1981 gs750. not the thing it slips threw thats bolted to the bowl but the actual part that the idle screw screws into.

Thank you
    Jake

that sorta thing we'd order new from a dealer in the uk.... can't imagine it would be much to order from suzuki?

Comment

I know but I cant find it on the charts so how would I order it if I cant see it?

Comment

Originally posted by nisom512 View Post
        I know but I cant find it on the charts so how would I order it if I cant see it?
        Part # 22 in the carburetor page...don't you think ?
        Larry D
        1980 GS450S
        1981 GS450S
        2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
          you mean the discontinued one.....boo

Comment

Keep an eye on ebay and the like. Carbs come up regularly and sometimes you can get a whole set for cheap. You can also put a post in the parts wanted section, someone may have that piece for you.
            Larry D
            1980 GS450S
            1981 GS450S
            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
              That's not the part that you need. The bit that is needed is made from a piece of flat metal about 1/8" thick with a dimple in it to fit in a corresponding hole in the lower gang rail on the carbs and a threaded hole for the idle speed screw to screw into. Easy to make one up yourself. About 20 mins work.

You will have one on your 850, just copy that.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
                That's not the part that you need. The bit that is needed is made from a piece of flat metal about 1/8" thick with a dimple in it to fit in a corresponding hole in the lower gang rail on the carbs and a threaded hole for the idle speed screw to screw into. Easy to make one up yourself. About 20 mins work.

You will have one on your 850, just copy that.
                No the 750 has a diff set up than the GS550 i had and the GS850 I have Tho the bodies are the same the idle mount screw is diff.

thank you
                Jake

Comment

Working...
                X