Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
    are you positive on your cam timing?
    I havent checked the cam timing since they were installed. The chain might have stretched. I put in the #45 pilots and it wouldnt even climb out of the driveway without choke. I ordered some #50 pilots, I really dont know what else to do.

Comment

So, I went to the bike scrapyard and got two sets of pilot air jets, some 150's and 120's. Tried the 150's and it helped, so I threw in the 120's, and its just about right.
      Got my 1170 setup ready just waiting for a heavy duty cam chain and rear guide from APE. As well as some gaskets from the local dealer. I plan on pulling all the valves on the head and doing some minor port cleanup, and getting the head skimmed again because the previous surfacing (by the po) left a rough surface.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
        So, I went to the bike scrapyard and got two sets of pilot air jets, some 150's and 120's. Tried the 150's and it helped, so I threw in the 120's, and its just about right.
        Got my 1170 setup ready just waiting for a heavy duty cam chain and rear guide from APE. As well as some gaskets from the local dealer. I plan on pulling all the valves on the head and doing some minor port cleanup, and getting the head skimmed again because the previous surfacing (by the po) left a rough surface.
        Ready for that copper base gasket yet?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Ready for that copper base gasket yet?
          Ya, was meaning to ask, how is the copper base/head gasket sealing on your 1230? and seepage at all? I am going to try my copper head gasket again, which is why I am getting the head resurfaced. $70 or so for a new head gasket everytime you want to pull the head is why I want to make it work. I wont put up with any leakage though.

Comment

Working...
          X