need carb sync advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need carb sync advise

I'm gonna get my bike running today (finally), I have my Motion Pro sync tool at hand, and was wondering if there are any threads that explain how to synchronize carbs. Send me any link, I'd greatly appreciate the help!

do a search on the site, you will be surprised!
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I have, but haven't found a good thread yet. I figured there would be a sticky thread but I guess I was wrong. I did find some helpful tips on BassCliff's website, so I'll just stick to that, the manual, and the tech tips that came with the Motion Pro.

If anyone has any pointers, feel free to share them!

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
        I have, but haven't found a good thread yet. I figured there would be a sticky thread but I guess I was wrong. I did find some helpful tips on BassCliff's website, so I'll just stick to that, the manual, and the tech tips that came with the Motion Pro.

If anyone has any pointers, feel free to share them!
        best tip is to read basscliffs website, and the manual you got from motion pro and if they dont help you, get someone else to do it for you
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Hi,

For CV carbs:

and

Look at post #127 in THIS THREAD for some supplemental information. There are three vacuum adjust screws, one between each carb, for #1, #2, and #4 adjustments.

It can be a bit fiddly because each vacuum adjustment affects the others. Start by syncing #2 to #3 (the "master" carb). Then move on to #1 and finally #4. You may have to go back and forth a little. Be sure to set up a fan in front of your engine to help keep it cool while you make your adjustments. For VM carbs, I think #2 is the "master" carb so start by syncing #3 to #2.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
          Last edited by Guest; 07-17-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I just attempted starting up the bike, it ran, but leaked gas out from the bottom. Took the carbs off and will tighten down all the screws, but there was a leak from the middle fuel T (VM26 carbs), I DID replace the O-rings on the fuel T, gonna look into it after some lunch.

A question I have is, do I need to cap off the vacuum nipples on carbs 1,2 and 4 (#3 connected to the petcock)?

Also, the nipples at the bottom located on the fuel bowl covers- do these need to be capped off or have hose runoffs?

Comment

Working...
            X