Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust 82 1100 GK model.

Im in needed of an exhaust for my 82 1100 GK
    model. If it will bolt up and clear the side bags I can make new hanger brackets. Anyone know of a cross over version that will fit.? Mac..? V & H..?
    Thanx in advance.
    Ross

I know V&h used to make one, i had on on my gk when i bought it. I have since found a stock set and put them on. Unfortunatly, I junked the vh

Comment

I'm gonna need an exhaust myself in the not too distant future and I've been trying to locate a V&H system. They are out of production. Lots of places list them, but when you try to order they can't provide it. The V&H part number is V12001-G

Comment

Two possibilities= straights or Commando pipes

The mufflers on my '82 GS1100GKZ barn-find were rusted out. The previous owner jury-rigged the OEM "stub" of pipe between the end of the 2 collector branches and the mufflers, luckily ending with non-OEM 1-3/4-inch diam. "stubs" about 6 inches long welded to the stock header collector ends.

POSSIBILITY ONE:
        So, ... I got some 2-inch diam. standard conduit (not EMT), cut them to length ( about 20-inches long) ending at the rear axle bolt centerline, fabbed hanger struts, screwed those to the conduit, painted all of the pipe/straps black, jammed the head end into the "stubs", hung the pipes off the OEM passenger peg bracket, and let 'er rip down to the inspection station.

In Houston TX, there was no prob passing inspection, as the multi-cylinder sound of these straights is quieter than a Hardly-Davidson running straights. Pix will come soon, in another mail item, after I shoot some shots of this Work-in-Progress (WIP).

POSSIBILITY TWO:
        My next step is to check out a pair of after-market Norton Commando-style silencers from DomiRracer [www.domiracer.com]. The visuals will somewhat match the GS's OEM style. This last part might be a first step for you... just check the pipe and silencer diams and the mechanical fixings between the headers and the new silencers.

Mr. Bill

'54 BSA Golden Flash A10 650cc (and therein lies another barn-find tale)
        '79 GS850GL (WIP; '81 head w/ smoothbores)
        '71 Hodaka Wombat, '72 Combat Wombat, extra engine (for sale)
        '72 Honda CL200 (needs a front end... anyone?)
        '92 Honda CT70 (for sale; furnish your own monkey to ride it)

Comment

Working...
        X