Needle jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle jets

Are there more options for the 1980 GS models? My 850 has only one option as far as I know. No different positions on the needle, just one. I'm removed the upper plastic bushing to get the needle up a bit and it helped. But getting the needle higher would require grinding plastic off the lower part of the retainer above the needle jet.

dynojet kit or find canadian needles
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

$125 bucks for the DJ kit?

Develop a great plan for boosting your motorcycle’s performance by using our convenient, reliable motorcycle carburetor Jet Kits available online. Once you see these kits in action, it will become clear why they’re the products that started the Dynojet fuel tuning legacy. They’ll effortlessly increase power and smoothness throughout the entire rev range. Whether your bike is stock, heavily modified, or created for high-speed racing, our Jet Kits can tune your air/fuel ratio to perfection. Not only will our motorcycle Jet Kits drastically improve your performance, but they’ll also show immediate results. With an increased power output of 5-8% and a fully adjustable design, our kits are the perfect companions to any rider. Expand your vehicle’s performance capabilities today with them.

I spoze I could just get the needles. Interesting info though.

Canadian needles have slots for adjustability?

Comment

Originally posted by D.T. View Post
        $125 bucks for the DJ kit?

Develop a great plan for boosting your motorcycle’s performance by using our convenient, reliable motorcycle carburetor Jet Kits available online. Once you see these kits in action, it will become clear why they’re the products that started the Dynojet fuel tuning legacy. They’ll effortlessly increase power and smoothness throughout the entire rev range. Whether your bike is stock, heavily modified, or created for high-speed racing, our Jet Kits can tune your air/fuel ratio to perfection. Not only will our motorcycle Jet Kits drastically improve your performance, but they’ll also show immediate results. With an increased power output of 5-8% and a fully adjustable design, our kits are the perfect companions to any rider. Expand your vehicle’s performance capabilities today with them.

I spoze I could just get the needles. Interesting info though.

Canadian needles have slots for adjustability?
        Yup Canadian models have adjustable needles and no cap over the mixture screw. You totally removed the plastic spacer and its still not rich enough What setup are you running? pods, 4-1??

Comment

Allens in the UK may have alternative needle jets. You'll need to quote the code on the existing jets.
          Won't be cheap though - I got a price for richer n/jets for the 1000, and finished up making a set...

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
            Yup Canadian models have adjustable needles and no cap over the mixture screw. You totally removed the plastic spacer and its still not rich enough What setup are you running? pods, 4-1??
            The bike I'm working on is stock. Except someone put 170 pilot air jets in. I think the 190's would be fine since it starts with little choke. But maybe they were trying to richen up the transition circuit? I'm having some bogging issues right off idle. New intake "velocity stacks" are coming in this week. They weren't sealing to the airbox worth a damn, so maybe that is the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X