No announcement yet.

its all back together now she wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes its running but like i said only on cylander 3 and 4...cylander 1 is getting spark and is wet...didnt check 2 but i aaume its the same as 1
    Last edited by Guest; 07-21-2010, 12:20 AM.

Comment

I've got a GS 1100 (1980) that's only running on 1 & 2... very frustrating. I did a valve job, getting spark, new battery, vacuum seems to be working (as far as 1 & 2 care), thinking carb. Sounds like yours could be timing issues?

Comment

yea thats kinda what im thinking...i just did a valve job on it just before taking apart the motor...im thinkin the tolerences went outta wack after putting it back together...just waiting for someone to verify

Comment

What sucks is having to take the valve cover off again... get a new gasket... adjust the valves (mine is a 16 valve... ugh).

Comment

The left coil fires 1 & 4 and the right coil fires 2 & 3. Have you got the correct HT leads going to the correct cylinders. When you removed the head did you disconnect the wires going to the coils and did you reconnect them correctly.

Did you check the valve clearances when the head was replaced. If you have insufficient clearance on 1 & 4 the valves will not close and no compression will be the result. Do a compression test. Will only take 5 minutes.

That's all for now.

Comment

nope didnt remove the wires and they're on the correct cylanders...when i replced the head i didnt check the clearances as i do not have a feeler gauge...i just assumed that the newely adjusted valves would stay adjusted

Comment

Originally posted by shibby_cbs View Post
                nope didnt remove the wires and they're on the correct cylanders...when i replced the head i didnt check the clearances as i do not have a feeler gauge...i just assumed that the newely adjusted valves would stay adjusted
                Do a compression test and make sure all the cylinders are around the same figure. Let us know what they are. Do them cold with WOT -- not perfect but will do to get a ball park figure and see if there is a problem in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
                  Do a compression test and make sure all the cylinders are around the same figure. Let us know what they are. Do them cold with WOT -- not perfect but will do to get a ball park figure and see if there is a problem in that area.

I am sorry I thought you had good compression across all cylinders.
                  These posts seem to all melt together.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                    I am sorry I thought you had good compression across all cylinders.
                    These posts seem to all melt together.
                    I don't know for sure but i do know that before the bike ran great so I would assume it had sufficient compression...but i guess we will find out tomorrow

Comment

alright heres the verdict...at wot cold all cylanders are running about 130psi with about a 3-5psi variance...all cylanders were tested by cranking the motor with the e-start...im guessing this is how you are supposed to do it anyway but i figured id tell ya just in case...also all other plug holes had the spark plug installed when not being tested
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-22-2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

anybody have any clue whats hapening here?

Comment

alright well ill just assume that 130psi is sufficient...tonight i will be checking valve clearances...and then pulling the carbs again...ugh...i have done a valve job before with steve but not by myself...the biggest problem for me is working out the numbers...keep an eye out for questions that i am sure ill have

Comment

Working...
                          X