two questions one fuel leak..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two questions one fuel leak..

Ok, question one, I have an 82 gs 450, the petcock vavle says res, on, pri. is this what does the on position do? second question, bike runs fine, when i leave it sitting over night it fills the garage w/ a strong gas smell, and when i lean the bike up fuel leaks between the carb and the breather box, how do i stop this?

Hi,

Rebuild your carbs, replace the petcock, replace fuel and vacuum lines. Since there is probably gas in the crankcase, change the oil and filter too. See the "READ ME" file on my website for links to procedures, "how to" guides, manuals, parts vendors, etc.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

specifically the needle valves in the carburetors, you should check the float height while you're at it. But it's more likely the petcocks need to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
        Hi,

Rebuild your carbs, replace the petcock, replace fuel and vacuum lines. Since there is probably gas in the crankcase, change the oil and filter too.
        That's a great tip, BassCliff. I have this same problem myself and, yeah, given the big pop that went off last time I started the bike I bet there is gas in the crankcase. I'll be sure to change the oil and filter when I do my new petcock install. By the way, camaro2ner, your problem sounds exactly like mine..

Comment

May or may not need to rebuild the carbs. You must fix/replace the petcock and change the oil...

Comment

Working...
          X