X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

36mm keihin cvk carb set?

36mm keihin cvk carbs?
    Are these any good?
    I came across a set of these at the salvage yard, They look in really good condition.
    Any info? I tried Google, not much there.

I've got a rack of 34mm Keihin CVK's on my KZ750. They do the job. Jets are easier to find for the mikuni's than the keihin. I believe Kawasaki and Yamaha used CVK carbs.

What were you going to install them on?
    Last edited by Guest; 07-23-2010, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
      I've got a rack of 34mm Keihin CVK's on my KZ750. They do the job. Jets are easier to find for the mikuni's than the keihin. I believe Kawasaki and Yamaha used CVK carbs.

What were you going to install them on?
      They would be for my 1100. It has 34mm cvs on it now

Comment

If I was to wager, I'd bet that they are not enough carb for your engine. I've got the 34mm on a stock kz750, doubt the 36's would be enough for your 1100.
        Not even sure where you would get jets for those carbs since your 1100 is not stock.

Comment

I bought a set of 36mm CVK's once (on a well known internet auction site), were intended for the GS…

Cant tell you what they were like as I never got around to using them although….
          they were lighter than the Mikuni’s I presently have on a GSX750 (36mm also).

What put me off (sold them on that same site for about 20% more) was they come off a different style bike I.E GS has the timing chain in the middle of 2nd and 3rdcyl and most CVK’s come off bikes with the timing chain on the side..(well this one did) which resulted in not having enough distance between 2 & 3 and also were narrower overall. The throttle cable lever on the carb’s also took a round ball from the throttle cable instead of the barrel shape the GS had…

Nothing is a problem to do or fit something to anything, it just all depends on how much time you want to invest… me I just wanted bolt on and the time for tuning, not stuffing around with intake matching and cable/throttle etc and I also found a lot more info on tuning, jetting etc regarding Mikuni’s and Suzuki than anything else, which makes things a lot easier…

Comment

Working...
          X