Petcock leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petcock leak

So there's a leak from one of the screws that holds my petcock to the tank. I thought it was the petcock originally, but I was happy to find that it's the screw.

Is there something I could put in there that would plug the leak around the screw?

Thanks everyone!

You can get a thread sealant from a hardware store to tighten up the threads. I believe I got white but MAKE SURE it is not a lock-tight. I switched out my screws for stainless steel allen heads and there was some gas leaking from the threads.

Worked for me anyways.
    1979 GS850G
    2004 SV650N track bike
    2005 TT-R125 pit bike
    LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

The original mounting screw used a sealing washer on the bolt

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
          The original mounting screw used a sealing washer on the bolt
          Yes, this. Please use a sealing washer -- don't goober up the bolt threads with sealer.

In place of the Suzuki sealing washers, I've been using 1/4" black nylon washers from the hardware store for years.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
          X