carb boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb boot

Cleaned out the air filter today. It was trashed. Boots were loose and hanging so I cleaned and hooked back up tight. Boots are old and need to be replaced. Is there a sealer I can use until then, I plan on doing this winter. It runs fine if you don't mind the backfires down hill. I have changed all the fluids and am slowly crawling through this as I can afford. I will need fork seals, valve adj. and carb clean,sync and clearly boots. I fixed hole in muffler pipe but still backfire. I have a feeling when I recently dumped the bike I may have sucked somthing in my carbs. We'll see, I have tank soaking with vinager. The filter in the petcock was clean so I fear that trashed filter is the enemy.

Also what does this do. I noticed there is no support for the air filter. It's got two screw (threaded ) heads on it. End of green screwdriver!

Comment

if that hose connects to either brass nipple on carb 2 (on my vm carbs) or to a black plastic/nylon "T" then i believe it goes to the fuel petcock.
      1979 GS850G
      2004 SV650N track bike
      2005 TT-R125 pit bike
      LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Originally posted by duper850 View Post
        Also what does this do. I noticed there is no support for the air filter. It's got two screw (threaded ) heads on it. End of green screwdriver!
        that part goes Inside the airbox , the outside has a C shaped bracket ( of Sorts ) that connects the airbox to the frame the piece you have is the internal support

Comment

still bogs down when given throttle, need choke on to run. Shoulda coulda woulda cleaned the air filter. Looks like the carbs and boots are coming before everything else!

Comment

Working...
          X