I got the wrong carbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the wrong carbs?

Kinda, I have been messing with the jetting on my 78 GS750. And wrote some numbers down. Mains are 107.5, needles 5DL36, and pilots are 15s. Did some research and found out my carbs are jetted closer to a GS850 set.

So my question, obviously they mount up fine, is there any other big issue I should worry about? Personally it looks like they are both VM26SS carbs, with different jetting and needles.

On a side I just got my 115 mains to install.

Will be fine if jetted correctly for your bike and its' setup.

Comment

Hi,

Suzuki used the same carbs on several different bikes, the only difference being the jetting. Get your carbs set up right for your bike's intake and exhaust and you'll be fine.

Stock jetting for the 78-79 GS750 is:

Main Jet: 100
      Main Air Jet: .07
      Jet Needle: 5F21-3
      Needle Jet: O-6
      Pilot Jet: 15
      Pilot Air Jet: 1.6

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I would install them and see how it runs before making changes.

Comment

do you have 4 into 1's, aftermarket air filter or pods?
          1979 GS850G
          2004 SV650N track bike
          2005 TT-R125 pit bike
          LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Tuning these is an on going battle. Previous owner put the 850 carbs on it. Yes the bike has all of it, pods and a nasty Kirker 4-1 system. The guy I work with told me the 107.5 mains should be fine. This is what the bike had when I got it. It had the stock air box, but no filter in it. So when I got it running with the pods, I started with 2 turns out on the idle fuel screw. This got me a perfect low end throttle and a flat spot at about 1/2 throttle. So then I raised the needle to the 4th clip spot. This gave me a slightly fat bottom end, and good snap in the mid. Now I went for a 40 mile jaunt instead of my normal 6 mile commute. Averaging 75-80mph when I got home I noticed my pipe was snow white. As recomended in a previous thread I am going to 115 mains, and will try the needle where it sits, and lean out the idle fuel screw to 1.5 turns. Now my idle air screw has been at 1.25 the entire time.

Almost got the old girl to lift the front wheel

100th post LOLz
            Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2010, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X