No announcement yet.

Gas Mileage....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 650G here. I average about 50 mpg and most of my riding is in the 40-60 mph range....

Comment

dyno jet with the 132

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Yep, definitely in striking range. (I am in the Dayton Mall area.)

I am currently out of state (in the flat, boring, HOT Mississippi Delta) and will be returning either the end of August or first of September.

Will probably have some time to help you before I have to leave town again, so toss me a PM with contact info.

HAS TOOLS...Is ALWAYS traveling...

Take him up on the offer. He'll be nice and make it a quick stop so as not to 'peace off' the other anything.

OH...he "owns" a GS or two!

Atta boy. Steve

psssssstttttt: Steve's outta town. Anyone up for a game of.................................... Hang it from the rafters? If need be, I'll brings da rope!
        Last edited by Dave8338; 08-11-2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

The last time I filled my GS1000 up I calculated about 57 mpg...

Comment

You might want to look into the trip meter malfunction you're experiencing

Comment

lol checked plugs there good double checked my milage with my buddies trip still got 50mpg with stage 3 jet kit pods and 4into1 v&h pipe running on average 65-70 did 300 and some miles on last ride

Comment

Originally posted by apogeecustom View Post
                You might want to look into the trip meter malfunction you're experiencing
                I redid the calculation... twice since I couldn't believe it myself Exact consumption was 4.17 liters per 100 km, on Austria Styrian roads Not sure anymore if I was using 95 octane or 100 octane.

Best mileage ever attained on a bike of mine was 66.44 mpg on my '83 Nighthawk 650 which had only 10,000 miles on the clock back then. That was mostly at 65 mph on our Interstate, 130 miles. Only one owner before, when bought it it only had 8900 miles and still only the 2nd set of tires ... front was 16 years old and rear was 19 years old (that was 2 years ago). Not even my '03 Gixxer 750 (can probably say R.I.P. here for the Gixxer) ran as well as this bike does.
                Last edited by Guest; 09-11-2010, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazypaint View Post
                  lol checked plugs there good double checked my milage with my buddies trip still got 50mpg with stage 3 jet kit pods and 4into1 v&h pipe running on average 65-70 did 300 and some miles on last ride
                  I would double check your math bud
                  They didn't do this new with no mods.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                    I would double check your math bud
                    They didn't do this new with no mods.
                    They could if everything was tweaked perfectly. From the factory they were tuned for power, not mileage. Cam timing was haphazard but aimed at high RPM horsepower, the low power circuits (the ones used for cruising) were too lean, there were a lot of other factors which cost fuel economy. Suzuki just didn't care about it at that time... Speed sells.

I have ridden a 750/1100 hybrid, 4-1 pipe, very well tuned fast bike, got over 50 accurate mpg.
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      They could if everything was tweaked perfectly. From the factory they were tuned for power, not mileage. Cam timing was haphazard but aimed at high RPM horsepower, the low power circuits (the ones used for cruising) were too lean, there were a lot of other factors which cost fuel economy. Suzuki just didn't care about it at that time... Speed sells.

I have ridden a 750/1100 hybrid, 4-1 pipe, very well tuned fast bike, got over 50 accurate mpg.
                      65-70???
                      C'mon Tom
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                        65-70???
                        C'mon Tom
                        Different bike:

Best mileage ever attained on a bike of mine was 66.44 mpg on my '83 Nighthawk 650 which had only 10,000 miles on the clock back then.

My R1100 gets over 60 routinely, (if I ride it slow enough, like a whole tank riding at night in the rain or something) why wouldn't some smaller Honda?
                        Again, if it is all tuned perfectly, it could be that good. Or he could have a crappy odometer.
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Different bike:

Best mileage ever attained on a bike of mine was 66.44 mpg on my '83 Nighthawk 650 which had only 10,000 miles on the clock back then.

My R1100 gets over 60 routinely, (if I ride it slow enough, like a whole tank riding at night in the rain or something) why wouldn't some smaller Honda?
                          Again, if it is all tuned perfectly, it could be that good. Or he could have a crappy odometer.
                          Well, whatever it was, I know I paid a little over 8 euro for that trip to the sea, while with the Gixxer I would've paid at least 12 EUR and with the GW about 13 EUR (the thirstiest bike in our collection).

Comment

i would never bull**** my favorit turds lol jk but really thats what i got no lies

Comment

that was ment for chef sorry bout that

Comment

I get about 45-48 on my 550 mostly riding in town.

Comment

Working...
                                X