Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicagoland area, humbly seeking to use your carbtune and colortune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicagoland area, humbly seeking to use your carbtune and colortune.

I've gotten the GS500 up and running pretty darn well, I just have to get it fine tuned. That Yoshi exhaust sounds mean.

I was wondering if perhaps there's a member in the greater Chicagoland area that would be willing/interested to let me use (or come over and use with me) their vacuum syncronizer and colortune to finish up the last bit of tuning. I have beer...

I used a simple home-made device to get the carbs reasonably balanced to one another, but I think that I would like something a little more accurate and professional to finish the job.

In addition to that, I'd like to try a colortune since I have changed the jetting away from stock to match the pipes and upgraded air filter. (The reason I'm avoiding plug chop testing is that I don't have current registration/insurance on the bike.)

If anyone has this equipment, and can be my Hero for the day, well, uh, you'd be my Hero for the day.

PM sent...
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

The Noble Baatfam has graciously consented to allow me to use his carbtune.

Any similarly wonderful charitable folks locally with a colortune?...

Comment

I have a colortune you are welcome to use. I think its over at Joe Nardy's house right now. I think Joe has one as well so maybe you can use two of them at the same time? Neither of us had any luck getting the color tune to produce the desired results but maybe your luck will be better. When do you need it?
        Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

It's not an emergency or anything, but the sooner I can get this bike ironed out 100% the better.

Comment

c'mon over today . I think you know where I live. trippivot@hotmail.com

bring beer and we'll lube the cables and check everything over like chain slack etc....
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
            X