Changing my tank on a 1979 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing my tank on a 1979 1000

I was wondering if other tanks from a Yama, Kaw , or Honda would fit.. I have to redo my original , and just want something to use around town... Thanks

With enough time and/or money, anything can be made to fit, but I'm guessing you want to just slap it on there and go.

There are a few guys on the forum that are into such modifications, so you'll have to wait for them to noitce.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Is it an L, G, E, which model are we discussing?

Comment

Not Really

I'm not worried about keeping it stock at the moment.. i need to acid wash the fat bob tank on it, someone had kreamed it, and the gas smells like its pretty old.. if someone wonders what kind of bike it is... all the better.. keep em quessing.. Thanks guys. Its a 1979 1000, nothing else on the title, but its chain. Really good shape, i'll get some pics asap

Comment

Unless they were changed the E models had straight axle forks.. L models had leading axle forks..

L or E is somewhat important as because the tank mounts change between models.

Comment

Working...
          X