X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 GS1000L petcock kit..

Has anyone ordered from these guys?

Its the only kit I've found that says it fits the 79 GS1000L

Or do you think this Z1 kit will work if I let out the paper gasket?
    Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

All I really need is the stupid O rings.. the diaphragm is fine.

Though I can't help you directly with those particular sites/products, I can say that I've just gone with Pingels. They're a little spendy, but they're manual and allow me to escape the vacuum petcock arrangement. They are also high flow.

Good luck.

Comment

I'll take a new oem over the mangled up rebuild project that is in the top drawer of my tool box.

Works great for keeping the paperwork from flying around the shop, with the doors open.

Comment

I went with the kit from http://www.carbkitscapital.com/
        The were the only ones with a kit specific to my bike that looked correct..
        At $13 if it didn't work it would be no big loss.

My issue was that it wouldn't close anymore.. It didn't leak any place it shouldn't have..
        I've been riding by keeping the tank below the reserve level and switching to run to shut the fuel off.

A few weeks ago I got the kit and got to fixing it.

I dipped everything except the nylon bits and the diaphragm cover (it has a rubber one way air valve you can't access)..
        Nothing was pitted so I installed the kit and put it back together..

So far it's working perfectly..
        Last edited by Guest; 11-02-2010, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X