Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air screw question - 82 GS1100E and 82 GS750 the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air screw question - 82 GS1100E and 82 GS750 the same?

Anyone know. Need an air mixture screw for an 1100 CV carb...

Can I steal one off an 82 750 CV carb?

Are they the same?
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, they are the same. But please compare before you use them just to be sure.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Baatfam was posting this question because I messed up an air screw on my '83 GS1100E BS34 carbs and asked him if he had one. He said he had a set of '82 BS32 carbs off an '82 GS750 he didn't need for a while and I could borrow one until I can find a replacement. When I got to his house and compared the air screws there was definitely a difference. See the pic below:

The air screw on the left is from my '83 GS1100 and the one on the right is from Bob's '82 GS750. They are obviously different. Mine are brass and Bob's are something else, stainless maybe? The tapers are different and mine have a shoulder that Bob's doesn't. I think Bob's would work but I'm going to wait and find one like mine. Our question is whether anyone has ever seen an air mix screw like the ones out of Bob's bike. I have never seen them be any material other than brass.

Thanks,
      Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

So...tis it a mystery?
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Update and Resolution

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          So...tis it a mystery?
          Apparently still a mystery. First Timer told me that the replacements from Z1 look like Bob's. I checked the Z1 website and the picture they show looks like the original.

However, I was able to use Bob's to clean up the threads in my carb. They are definitely harder than the brass originals. I used some thread cutting oil and slowly worked the harder screws back and forth until the threads were clean. The threads on the screws showed no wear after cleaning out the carb body threads. The brass screws had flattened threads when I ran them in and out. The original brass screw then screwed in easily. This worked so well that I cleaned the threads on all four carbs.

Also. I think the threads in the carb body got messed up because the taper of the screwdriver smashed them when they were near bottom. I ground the sides off of a screwdriver so there was no taper and no chance of messing the threads up again.

Huge thanks to Baatfam and Brad Maynard for providing spare parts at a moment's notice. You guys are the best!

Thanks,
          Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Working...
          X