Do Any CO Folks Have an Oven I can Borrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Any CO Folks Have an Oven I can Borrow

I picked up some VHT black spray paint the other day to redo my pipes in order to cover up the acid marks left from the PO. Reading the can, it says to either bake everything in an oven (various temps) or run the bike for so many minutes three or four times. As I haven't started the bike yet after replacing the stator, intake boot orings, and adjusting the valves, I'm not confident that part will work for my pipes. I also don't want to put the pipes on to get it running, take them off to repaint and then put back on since I really also don't want to replace the exhaust gaskets (some laziness here but also want to just do the whole thing once ).

Since I don't think the oven I have in the house is big enough for everything, does anyone else in the Co Springs/Denver area have one I could borrow for an afternoon this weekend? If you want, I'll even pay for some of the electricity for using it.

Once I can do that and finish my brakes I hope to take a test ride.

Thanks.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

not sure, auto shop on pete may have one. Will call and check it out tomorrow and let you know.

Comment

Thank you JBS

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

use a heat gun to get them warm and then paint em..... use heat gun to dry and reapply a 2nd coat, repeat if needed. leave to one side in a safe place until you're ready to use them. i've done it this way many times and the paint on the pipes is fine..... just be gentle with putting them on and get some real heat cycling through them....

Comment

Might have to try the heat gun approach mentioned above....Pete doesn't have a big oven available..Sorry about that.

Comment

Thank you for checking for me anyway jbs.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

got some old plywood?? Make a box minus a lid big enough for everything and line it with some aluminum foil to reflect the heat around..lay it on its side and use a MR heater on top of a BBQ tank to blast the make shift cabinet full of heat..outside and away from the garage of course..its basically a hill billy baking oven at that point.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
              X