Float Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Float Assembly

I'm in the process of putting my carbs back together, 1980 Suzuki GS 550, after I dipped and cleaned them. I'm having problems getting the float assembly to swing freely.

Before I took them apart everything moved freely on its own. Now I can't get the floats to move without moving them myself.

Any ideas?

You may have bent the pin a bit.
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
      You may have bent the pin a bit.
      The pin spins freely with the float assembly, but once I get it on the carb, it no longer spins??

Comment

Originally posted by kparrott View Post
        I'm in the process of putting my carbs back together, 1980 Suzuki GS 550, after I dipped and cleaned them. I'm having problems getting the float assembly to swing freely.

Before I took them apart everything moved freely on its own. Now I can't get the floats to move without moving them myself.

Any ideas?

would each pin and float bushing have a wear pattern making it necessary to put em back the way you found em?

Comment

The pin is a press fit in the post, unless you turned it down to fit easier it won't spin.

The float should move freely on the pin.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Well then maybe the float holes that the pin slides through are misaligned slightly.
            Larry D
            1980 GS450S
            1981 GS450S
            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

are you trying to install them upside down ?

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
                are you trying to install them upside down ?
                No I'm not doing that... But I have found the problem!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am really really dumb! On my carbs there is a small wire gadget that looks like it holds the Fuel Inlet Needle Valve in the Valve seat(Is this even needed? I don't see it in the Carb Cleaning tuitorial.) Well that was preventing the metal part of the float to spin freely around the pin

Comment

Working...
                X