Need main jet advice, '81 gs1100ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need main jet advice, '81 gs1100ex

I'm running lean and will yank the carbs and go up on the mains. The stock mains are 107.5 and I'm thinking about taking a big jump to 122.5 or 125 then working downward. The bike has a Supertrapp 4-into-1 and an exposed stock air filter element with no black plastic stock airbox.

Note: if you don't want to stay on this topic, that's cool but please don't post anything that is not along the lines of "I've done that/know of someone who's done that, I think starting at 125 is too big/too small" whatever.

Just looking for *jetting* advice here, this is the 'Carb/Fuel/Exhaust' part of the forum, would appreciate *on topic* advice here, no bitching about 'things you've decided to be unhappy about' with this or any other post please, if you're having a bad day, hey, we understand, we all have them, no need to use a friendly request for jetting advice as an outlet, ok? Thanks. If you feel I've let you down somehow or that you need to boss me around a bit, send me a personal email, keep it off this thread, thanks. I set my email preference to accept emails from everyone.

The bike is running stock jetting in the carbs and I'm getting set to rejet.
    Would appreciate advice, and thanks.

Originally posted by RipRoaringFun View Post

Note: if you don't want to stay on this topic, that's cool but please don't post anything that is not along the lines of "I've done that/know of someone who's done that, I think starting at 125 is too big/too small" whatever.

Just looking for *jetting* advice here, this is the 'Carb/Fuel/Exhaust' part of the forum, would appreciate *on topic* advice here, no bitching about 'things you've decided to be unhappy about' with this or any other post please, if you're having a bad day, hey, we understand, we all have them, no need to use a friendly request for jetting advice as an outlet, ok? Thanks. If you feel I've let you down somehow or that you need to boss me around a bit, send me a personal email, keep it off this thread, thanks. I set my email preference to accept emails from everyone.

The bike is running stock jetting in the carbs and I'm getting set to rejet.
    Would appreciate advice, and thanks.
    I think I'm scared to tell you what jets you need. Too many rules.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      I think I'm scared to tell you what jets you need. Too many rules.
      Then why respond?

Comment

Why so much grief from a newb asking for help?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          Why so much grief from a newb asking for help?
          Because if the site wants new members to try out the site, decide they like it then $upport it it needs to be helpful.

I'm still asking for jetting advice, really nothing else.
          If you don't want to offer jetting advice, cool man, just pass this thread on by and dabble elsewhere, I suspect any other users of the site interested in jetting questions would like hearing about jetting nothing else.

I already asked you to send me email, you can tell me stuff like "I don't want to respond, too many rules" and "why newb" in an email message,

The post is for jetting, send me an email, or ignore the thread, but I think the idea is to respond to the post with relevant info.

Comment

I'd run 117.5 mains and 47.5 pilot jets.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              I'd run 117.5 mains and 47.5 pilot jets.
              I'm there, cool and thanks man.

Comment

Working...
              X