X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 into 1 for a 77 questions

Ok.. yet another new to GS' question:
    (bike is a 77' GS750)
    All of the 4 into 1 exhausts that I am able to find seem to be 81' and up... is the modification needed to make one fit a 77' pretty heavy??? Or is their any really needed?

I would assume something is off there otherwise the year parameters would most likely include the 77 on up.

I don't know about adapting the later exhausts, but I'm still seeing the early Mac 4->1 listed here: http://www.macmidwest.com/GS-750850-...-P713C739.aspx

Comment

Here's a link to a site that sells Vance&Hines systems for the '77-'79 gs750:

If you click on 'Exhaust' in mid-page under "SUZUKI GS 750" there it expands and shows the prices for the '77-'79 bike then a different system for the '80-'82 bikes. I can't comment on the mods angle to modify a later pipe for the earlier bike, but thought maybe finding a source for them would help you out there.

Here's an ebay MAC system also that only works for the '77-'79 gs750, Suzuki must've changed something for the '80 bike..........g'luck to you.

Comment

I just got my 77 750B back on the road and have a new V&H 4into1 header I bought from Dennis Kirk.Nice quality only had a minor install glitch had to slightly file the OD of head pipes so they would slip in easy otherwise fit perfect retains center stand plenty of clearence for oil and filter change looks and sounds great. From members info on here with pod air cleaners 120main jet,17.5 pilot jet,1 turn air screw,1 3/4 turn fuel screw, move center needle clip down one notch runs awsome starts and idles excellent cold or hot.Yogi

Comment

thanks so much guys!!

Comment

I was looking for quite awhile last winter for a Pipe for my 750..wich is a 77...I seriously considered a V&H pipe until a I ran across the Jardine I have now...love the Pipe I have now..the sound is pretty much all its own..doesnt sound like a megaphone like the V&H pipes do...depending on how soon you need/want one..they pop up on ebay and here in the for sale section...keep your eyes open for one for cheap if your not in a hurry otherwise I'd recommend the V&H pipe...either way you go its not too bad to get jetted right.... 125Mains..22.5 pilot..one clip down on needle air screw 1 1/2 fuel screw 1 3/4..I have Pods as well..make sure you have new intake boot o-rings and the surface is clean and flat..also new clamps as well..after awhile the old ones do strectch and can cause vacum leaks.

DDM
            Last edited by Guest; 09-19-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X