Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone ident this fuel tap (petcock)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone ident this fuel tap (petcock)?

My fuel tap is pretty worn, and as I have just had a new paint job done I thought I would treat the bike to a nice new fuel tap. The only problem is every 'correct suzuki' tap I look at has the fuel and vacuum outlets pointing towards the seat, I need them the other way round (tap is mounted on the left as you sit on the bike). Pic attaced is of the fuel tap that was fitted, and fits perfectly.
    The bike is a 77 GS750.
    Can anyone tell me if this is the correct tap, or more importantly where I can get another from?
    I could rebuild it but the guaze filter has holes in it, which doesnt come as part of a rebuild kit, and I dont know what kit I would need.

Looks like the one from my 78 1000
    Only uglier
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

that would be the correct one for a 77 or 78 750.. Some taps will interchange depending on if the location of the vaccuum nipple hits on anything when its installed on the bike..If it is off a 750, 850, or a 1000 it will still work provided you can get the fuel line and vaccuum hooked up without it being jammed against anything. Not really a big deal otherwise.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I should be able to squeeze the fuel/vacumm lines on, even though it faces the wrong way. Suzuki want double the price for their tap, and the aftermarket one is made in Japan so should be good.

The attached pic is what UK patten part distributors recommend for a 77 GS750. I have ordered a later model tap which at least has the correct 44mm hole spacings.

Comment

Working...
        X