Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb parts missing

Hi ,

Ive got my old 83 gs11 carbs all rebuilt, but have some missing parts. They were there at the beginning but are mia now. I need the angled longer connector that holds the carbs together, and I also need the pieces that go from vacuum top to vacuum top all the way across, and the idle adjustment screw is gone too. Can anyone tell me , if gs 750, 850, 1000 bikes carbs would have these same identical parts or if you have an old set of 1100 vac carbs lying around and can spare those particular parts, let me know what it will take to provide them for me, a price. Sorry to have to ask for help for this idiot deal I got myself into, but need some parts before the weather gets too cold to test and tune that bike.

I may have of these parts if I knew what you wanted. I do have idle mixture screws.
    Oh yeah
    All BS CV carb parts interchange except for the slides. The 32s, 34s and 36s have different slides.
    Last edited by chef1366; 10-02-2010, 07:34 PM.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      All BS CV carb parts interchange except for the slides. The 32s, 34s and 36s have different slides.
      Of course, the bodies are different to handle those larger slides, too.
      But all the jets do interchange.

I have found other, minor, differences in the 32s, but they don't apply to his bike.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

thanks for offer

Hi,

I have idle mixture screws aplenty here, I just totally rebuilt those carbs with the full kits. I did find the interconnecting attachemt plate/rod that I thought was missing, and the idle speed screw, the big one that attaches with one of the bowl screws. This leaves the only things missing being the X braces that go between the top of the vacuum diaphragm area. Of course the throttle cable along with the choke cable is still there with the lightweight plate that guides and serves as stops for them. Since these x plates that attach at the diaphragms look easy enough to make, its prolly easier for me to make them in an hour than it would be for someone to send me theirs, so,, in short,, hopefully ,,,all is well that ends well, and we shall see where this ends soon. I will be sure to report soon on how this bike runs. I know its gonna be earsplitting loud with those shorty muffs s until I get the my shiny sportster muffs on it. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X