Need to replace to core in my V&H muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to replace to core in my V&H muffler

I was a bit disturbed by the volume from my bike this past weekend. I hadn't ridden in over a year. Sunday I took the core out of my V&H 4 into 1 and not only was there no baffling material left, the core was rusted through in the middle.

I've looked locally for some perforated tubing to use as a replacement. I haven't had much luck. Anybody replaced this part before and have a suggestion on where I can get a length of perforated tubing?

Thanks,
    Chris

order a new one...they cost nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
      order a new one...they cost nothing.
      Vance & Hines still makes and sells the internal baffle tube for the older megaphone mufflers? That's surprising.

Thanks, I'll try them.

Chris

Comment

Check Dennis Kirk, they carry them. $20-$25 if I recall. They carry the packing also.

E

Comment

the new baffle come packed and ready to slide in for a super quiet exhaust note.

Comment

Yep. I just checked Dennis Kirk and they have the Megaphone street replacement baffle for $19.99.

Thanks guys.

Chris

Comment

Quiet seems to be what you are after, but Dennis Kirk also carries the "competition" baffle as well. I think it was more along the lines of $25.

It is louder than the street version I think. Been a while since I have heard the street baffle.

E

Comment

Working...
              X