Carbs Coughing at 1/8 throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbs Coughing at 1/8 throttle

Hey guys if i could get some opinions on this that would be awesome... When im riding at anypoint when the throttle is on really lightly the carbs start to *cought* like this wierd sputtering noise but if i give it gas it goes away and if i let go of the throttle completely it goes away... From what i understand/researched this is a LEAN symptom? i went up on the pilot jets to see if it would improve and it did and it sounds/rides a lot better in low end rpms ranges, but the occasional cough!

Pods/Vances Hines 4-1
    120 main jets/ 20 pilot jets
    Fuel screws are turned out 1 1/2 turns and air screws are double...

My only thought left would to turn the fuel screws out 1/4 turn... any other thoughts or experience? thanks for reading!!
    John 3:16

I'd start by turning the air screws in 1/4-1/2 turn and see if the pilot circuit richens a bit.

Comment

I agree with Dave - your screws are at the outer parameters as set, turn the air in 1/4 turn

I wonder if this is a pod issue?

What brand of pods are you running? Oiled?
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
        I agree with Dave - your screws are at the outer parameters as set, turn the air in 1/4 turn

I wonder if this is a pod issue?

What brand of pods are you running? Oiled?
        oiled emgo filters, i think these are really the problem, THe pods COME OFF! i was idling outside my gym yesterday and i look down because i heard something fall... IT WAS MY POD FILTER LOL! the rubber clamp part stays on but the actual filter is only on a rubber mount kinda thing, i need k and n's badly
        John 3:16

Comment

Working...
        X