No announcement yet.

Carb problem but need wrenching expert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the new carbs today, they look pretty good. Suprised to see a 27 year old virgin though, air screws still covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mop Bucket View Post
      Got the new carbs today, they look pretty good. Suprised to see a 27 year old virgin though, air screws still covered.
      Good luck with the new set...

I just cleaned/rebuilt the carbs from my "project" '82 650GL and they had never had the screw caps off either.

Take care when you drill a hole in those caps, they are only about .200" thick and it's easy to "accidently" drill the head of the screw underneath.
      '85 GS550L - SOLD
      '85 GS550E - SOLD
      '82 GS650GL - SOLD
      '81 GS750L - SOLD
      '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
      '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
      '82 GS1100G - SOLD
      '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Originally posted by Mop Bucket View Post
        Good deal, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and call it a day.

Comment

worked for me

Hi,

For what its worth now, I have a carb like that on a yammie, we were able to get the screw out by heating repeatedly, grinding a screw driver to the perfect size, using pb blaster repeatedly, ended up drilling it and easy outed it using heat on the carb tower. I havnt broken an ez out yet, dont know why though with you all having so much trouble. I did end up buying a can of freon with which to try to freeze the screw smaller along with the heat applied to the carb body, I didnt end up needing the freon though.

Comment

Working...
          X