Gas flooding blowby box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas flooding blowby box

I own a GS750L. I had the seat off and the air filter removed from the rear end of the airbox (I'm a new owner, maybe it's just me, but is this not odd that the filter just "sits" dangling off the rear end of the airbox directly above my battery??) and doing some work on my bike. I turned the bike on, had the choke engaged, and revved the engine. I proceeded to notice gas gushing out of the rear end of my carburetors and splashing out of the rear of my blowby box, it was quite obvious as I had the air filter removed. Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking this is abnormal. I also heard popping noises, best I can explain is sort of like a backfire, but not nearly as loud, just some "air pockets". Ideas as to what is causing this??

Hi,

You might be interested in this:

Overflowing Carbs

What maintenance have you done to the bike? Have you gone through the maintenance lists in your "mega-welcome"? These tasks are necessary to establish a baseline for further troubleshooting.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

When it backfires it will blow some fuel out the carb. It shouldn't flow steady
      Large flow indicates a stuck float.

Comment

Working...
      X