Vance and Hines header question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vance and Hines header question

Found a really clean Vand H header. It came of an 850 gs. Will it bolt up to a 78 or 79 GS 1000 ? The rear bracket is not an issue as long as it will bolt up, the rest can be fabbed. Also have the front wheel that is a twn disc set up with complet front brake assembly. will the rotors which are the factory drilled style bolt up to my 1000 spoke front wheel. thought it would be cool to convert it to twin disc
    Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2010, 11:18 PM. Reason: left out info

Should do. Bracket at the back might need some work I think is all.....

Rotors will fit but you'll need to change fork legs. If you're doing it for performance don't bother..... the larger rotor of the single disc setup does as much for braking power as the extra caliper on the dual in my opinion....
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

VandH

Thanks salty, I really haven't had a chance to look at whether the stuff will fit. I'm not dioing it for performance, just looks cool and the parts are cheap. I do have the forks if i need them.. Actually have the whole bike, no title and needs a lot of work. It will be parts and trading fodder. .

Comment

Since there is not much of a performance gain, you might want to stick with the single disk.

Besides the "less work" factor, there is less unsprung weight, which will enhance ride quality and handling.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Vand h

Well the header fit, but the bad news is i broke an exhaust bolt off in the head pulling off my stock exhaust.. Drill, easy out time here we come. as far as the disc go, i haven't got that far. Not too worried aout the time and cost of fork seal. i figure for about 50 bucks and some work i can do the discs if they will bolt up to my spoke wheel. Also the 1000 does ok for a 30 plus yr old bike, but it is no corner carver. but it sure does look good

Comment

Working...
          X