Jetting '83 Gs750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jetting '83 Gs750E

I have an '83 GS750E that has had pods and a Supertrapp 4-1 exhaust added, It still has the 117.5 main jets in. Any idea how much larger to go for a starting point?

125 or 127.5 for starters on the mains. That's assuming K&N pods. If they are knockoffs then definitely start with the 125's. You'll need to shim the needles to have any luck at all doing this without a jet kit. The needles are the most important part of a jet kit. The taper is completely different than stock and have 5 grooves for adjusting mixture on the needle.

Comment

purchase st.3 jet kit/follow instructions 100%/enjoy the results!
      FYI
      if you are going to purchase a 30 dollar set of filters.... disregard my above comments and continue pulling your hair out as GS CV carbs will never be able to be tuned correctly without a st.3 kit and good filters when the air box is removed.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
        purchase st.3 jet kit/follow instructions 100%/enjoy the results!
        FYI
        if you are going to purchase a 30 dollar set of filters.... disregard my above comments and continue pulling your hair out as GS CV carbs will never be able to be tuned correctly without a st.3 kit and good filters when the air box is removed.
        They are K&N's put on before I bought it. Maybe I should look for the stock airbox. Anyone got one for a 1983 GS750E?

Comment

Sent you a PM.Do be aware that you have to get the engine out to get it in.

Comment

a jet kit is not much over a hundred bucks??????
            why go backwards?

Comment

My thought on returning to an airbox was not economics based. If the kit is the answer then that is what I'll do. Had no idea that the motor had to come out to re-install the airbox.
              Thanks all.

Comment

Sad but true,probaly better to do the kit.

Comment

Working...
                X