Mac Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    Jama makes a 4:2 for the GS850. Hard to come by these days in the US though.

http://www.laser-exhausts.com/wp-con...2009_GS850.pdf
    Defintely go for the Lasers, you get flames!

Comment

From BikeBandit
      "Greetings Mark,
      We are writing to inform you that due to high demand the item(s) listed below in your order VMA1UCA have been delayed from the manufacturer by 1-4 business days. We will ship your order when this item(s) arrives."

Right, because we know how high a demand Mac exhausts for GS650's are, right??

Comment

JAMA on a 650

Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.

It sounds so sweet, and midrange performance is definately better.
        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...highlight=jama

It sounds so sweet, and midrange performance is definately better.
          Too late. Already ordered the Mac. I'll try em next time. They aren't much more than the Macs.

Comment

I'm going to call bike bandit today. If the Mac hasn't shipped yet, I will cancel the order and try the Marshall.

Comment

OK, cancelled mac order. Purchasing the Marshall now.

Comment

Purchased!

I'm excited to see this exhaust.

It does look higher quality than the mac, and not much more money.

None of my friends here in the PNW have a Marshall, that I've seen, anyway.

Since the bike frame is actually a 550, and the top end of the engine is a 650, I ordered the 650 setup. I will probably have to fab mounts, but not an issue.

Will keep you updated.

Comment

PM when you get it, I can help with installation tips. There are some tricks to getting it on right.

I would recommend going up on the jet two sizes to 115 or 116. the bikes are jetted lean for emissions and with the pipe it will be leaner. I went to DJ 124 which is about a 116 in Suzuki and had no flat spots and it pulls right up to redline.
                  1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                  1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
                    PM when you get it, I can help with installation tips. There are some tricks to getting it on right.

I would recommend going up on the jet two sizes to 115 or 116. the bikes are jetted lean for emissions and with the pipe it will be leaner. I went to DJ 124 which is about a 116 in Suzuki and had no flat spots and it pulls right up to redline.

I will have to fab mounts anyway. It's going on a 550 frame.

Since intake is not stock, either, lots of jetting changes will be required.

At some point, I may try to fit EFI to it.. but thats for later.

Comment

Where did you get the Marshall from?

It looks like the muffler mounts low, like the OE, instead of upswept like my V&H 4-1. Might be just what I'm looking for to clear the bags

Comment

Ordered from http://laser-exhausts.com/

They are backordered right now. Mine will be delivered in 3 to 4 weeks.

Comment

Lemme know if you want to sell your V&H. GS850, right?

Comment

Yes - GS850G

In the interest of budget, might just get a muffler. I wrote to them with the inquiry.

I'll let you know!

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
                              Yes - GS850G

In the interest of budget, might just get a muffler. I wrote to them with the inquiry.

I'll let you know!

Your budget may change with the sale of the V&H.

Comment

Originally posted by mlinder View Post
                                Your budget may change with the sale of the V&H.
                                Was your grandpappy a horse trader by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                                X