82 GS1100ES Carb O-Ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS1100ES Carb O-Ring?

The tiny washer in the photo is my problem right now.
    There is one of these in every carb kit I received, but after cleaning 3 and reassembling I could find no where to put it and assumed it was meant for another similar carb.

I did the carbs one at a time and poured the carb cleaner through a cloth strainer each time before going on to the next one.
    This morning when I drained the last pail, I found that tiny O-ring at the bottom and have no idea what it fell out of.
    Now I am wondering where the hell it goes?

carbwasher by seaweb, on Flickr

It goes on the mixture screw in the picture. install spring, small washer and then the O ring

Comment

The brass piece pictured is your idle mixture adjustment screw. There should be a spring, a thin metal washer, then that o-ring before you put the screw into place.

This picture was meant to show something else, but you can see the mixture screw assembly in the upper left corner:

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

It would appear that between Lynn and Steve, your question should be answered.

Late to the party once again...

GREAT bike you have there!

Comment

thank you everyone

Comment

What are you doing for the carb interconnection O-rings? Most "carb kits" don't come with these yet they are critical. I've rebuilt a bunch of GS carbs and on every single set the interconnection tube O-rings were hard and brittle. Common GSR wisdom is to get an O-ring kit from cycleorings.com and forgo the carb kits.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

If you did not see any of the old o-rings when you took the mixture screws out, I would suggest removing the screws, then removing the springs and washers, then finally taking out the old o-ring. The best tool to remove those items is a pointy drywall screw. Just stick it in, give it about 1/8 turn, pull out each item.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                What are you doing for the carb interconnection O-rings? Most "carb kits" don't come with these yet they are critical. I've rebuilt a bunch of GS carbs and on every single set the interconnection tube O-rings were hard and brittle. Common GSR wisdom is to get an O-ring kit from cycleorings.com and forgo the carb kits.
                If I understand correctly, Ed is speaking of the O-rings that are on the fuel T's between that carbs. YES...these neede to be changed out as well. Duanne (AKA Cycle Orings. Com http://cycleorings.com/) will have what you need.

Comment

One other quick note...
                  I believe the ES is an 83 model.

If you have an 82 it would be the 1100EZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                    Duanne (AKA Cycle Orings. Com http://cycleorings.com/) will have what you need.
                    ... or someone just like Duanne.

This person emailed me, and my reply bounced. Bum email address. Seaweb, contact me here via PM.

RB
                    and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                    __________________________________________________ ______________________
                    2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                      ... or someone just like Duanne.

This person emailed me, and my reply bounced. Bum email address. Seaweb, contact me here via PM.

RB
                      Seaweb11 email as taken from his contact info: dkingram@shaw.ca
                      '85 GS550L - SOLD
                      '85 GS550E - SOLD
                      '82 GS650GL - SOLD
                      '81 GS750L - SOLD
                      '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
                      '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
                      '82 GS1100G - SOLD
                      '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Working...
                      X