Anyone know this petcock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know this petcock?

...and more importantly, how to get it to prime? I've seen similar in searching the site, but not quite the same. The lever will only turn to ON and RES. The bike is a 1980 550E. Thanks.

Can't tell you for sure how to get it to PRIme, but the carbs in that picture are NOT from an '80 550E.

They are VM carbs, the last of which appeared on '79 models.

Does the lever move through any more than 90 degrees of rotation?
    On all of my petcocks, moving the lever forward is RES, straight down is RUN, rotated rearward is PRIme.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Right, the PO said he replaced the CV carbs. The headstock label reads 1980, but from what I could find in the service manual, the engine is the same.

Comment

The lever will only rotate to ON (straight down) and RES (left).

Comment

"Normally" petcocks with that configuration have no prime because they are not vacuum activated. Does it has a vacuum line as well as a fuel line connected to it?

Comment

yes, upper left in the picture and the cavity in the center, seems to be only a cavity.

Comment

Looks like the petcock on my 1983 Gs650. I dont have a prime on mine.

Comment

Working...
              X