89 1100 Gsxr Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 1100 Gsxr Carbs

Installed 89 gsxr 1100 carbs on bike rebuilt ran good then started poping ,Im thinking could be coil or dyna 2000 i just installed. Anyone else running these on 83 gs 1100 E

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Mick,

By "popping" do you mean 'backfiring' through the exhaust or carbs? Or is it just popping on deceleration? Popping on deceleration could indicate a lean fuel mixture condition. Backfiring could be an ignition timing issue. OK, I'll stop with my Profound Glimpses into the Obvious, leave the diagnosis to those more qualified, and just say, "Welcome!"

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Backfiring while sitting still Like i said just installed dyna 2000 sent back first unit 2 cyl not firing. Dyna sent new ign box was ok for a ride with new carbs seem a little rich, Then went to winterize and it was back firing would not even stay running.

Comment

Working...
      X