Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find a quality pic of choke rail components?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find a quality pic of choke rail components?

I believe after doing a carb cleaning job, I think I accidently lost a spring or something on the choke rail. Is there even a spring there because the rail doesn't retract the way it should. (in my opinion).

If anyone has a good shot of the rail, please either send it to me or post it here. Much appreciated.

We really need to know what bike you have. There are about 3 different mechanisms you might have.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
      We really need to know what bike you have. There are about 3 different mechanisms you might have.

Yeah, sorry. 1982 GS750E but some stickers on it say GSX750.. Got the Mikuni BS series carbs.

Comment

There should be a spring on the right hand side of the choke rail. The parts fishe shows what it looks like.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Mak View Post
          I believe after doing a carb cleaning job, I think I accidently lost a spring or something on the choke rail. Is there even a spring there because the rail doesn't retract the way it should. (in my opinion).

If anyone has a good shot of the rail, please either send it to me or post it here. Much appreciated.
          BassCliff has some real good photos of the carbs on his welcome page.

Here's another page with good stuff:

Comment

Some pictures I took during various rebuilds, maybe they show what you wish to see?

It's smoke that make electronic components work.
            Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
            '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
            '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
            '82 GS1000SZ
            '82 GS1100GL
            '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Awesome photos Wallogreen! Nice work!
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                Awesome photos Wallogreen! Nice work!
                Agreed!

Good size and a space between each one.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Wallowgreen, AMAZING PHOTOS !!! Thanks !! Yeah, I saw the way the spring should sit between #3 and #4. I'm definitely gonna have to crawl around the work table now to see if I can find the missing bastard.

Thanks again for the amazing pics. Those carbs look nice and shiny also. I hope the moderators find a home for those pictures of yours for future reference.

kudos.

Comment

Kind words.... I think I'm blushing
                    It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                    Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                    '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                    '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                    '82 GS1000SZ
                    '82 GS1100GL
                    '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

What is the function of that spring? Because I just cleaned my carbs and I didn't have one. I checked the pictures I took before dis-assembly too and it isn't on there.
                      Last edited by Guest; 02-01-2011, 01:21 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by afholderman View Post
                        What is the function of that spring? Because I just cleaned my carbs and I didn't have one. I checked the pictures I took before dis-assembly too and it isn't on there.
                        The bike in your sig looks older than this type of choke. I'm thinking you have the type that has the cable pulling on a lever instead of going through a curved tube. These have a torsion spring on the lever, instead of the compression spring on the rail.
                        Dogma
                        --

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                        '80 GS850 GLT
                        '80 GS1000 GT
                        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

There we go updated the signature, I have an '81.

Comment

I thought so. The stock carbs on those have the torsion spring and linkage, instead of the bent tube. I'm pretty sure they changed it in '82 when they moved the choke to the left controls.
                            Dogma
                            --

--
                            '80 GS850 GLT
                            '80 GS1000 GT
                            '01 ZRX1200R

Comment

Wallowgreen, you wouldn't happen to have any pics of the choke(starter) and throttle cables attached to these, would ya ?

The ones I keep finding everywhere don't have that spring between #3 and #4 and have the mount on #2 for the choke cable.

Comment

Working...
                              X