Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find a quality pic of choke rail components?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure, it's possible. I'll have to look later on the home computer.
    It's smoke that make electronic components work.
    Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
    '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
    '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
    '82 GS1000SZ
    '82 GS1100GL
    '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Don't know if these show what you're after mate but they're about the best I've got. Nice space between each one again hey

'82 GS1000SZ
      '82 GS1100GL

Comment

Are you missing a screw on #2?

Comment

wallowgreen, again thanks for the high resolution quality pics.... that's the way I just installed it using common sense (from what little I got.. lol ) .. looks just like that...

....my only prob is I forgot to install the air box before installing the carbs... ... i don't think there's a way to install it without getting the carbs off again.... beginner's mistake...

Comment

Originally posted by Mak View Post
            wallowgreen, again thanks for the high resolution quality pics....
            Welcome mate.

Originally posted by cableguy View Post
            Are you missing a screw on #2?
            Part way through disassembly mate. Screw had been taken out to remove the cable retaining plate then I figured I should take a picture so I could remind wallowgreen of the future exactly how it all went together....

Hey Mak?
            '82 GS1000SZ
            '82 GS1100GL

Comment

wallowgreen, again thanks for the high resolution quality pics.... that's the way I just installed it using common sense (from what little I got.. lol ) .. looks just like that...

....my only prob is I forgot to install the air box before installing the carbs... ... i don't think there's a way to install it without getting the carbs off again.... beginner's mistake...
              Don't feel to bad,you can get it in only taking the carbs off.On the 83-86 GS750's you got to get the engine out.Forgot the first time me and the wife put the engine in

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                Don't feel to bad,you can get it in only taking the carbs off.
                Yeah, but I think getting those carbs into those engine boots was tougher than the job of cleaning them out. Wanted to insert a joke comparing how tight those boots were and how a little lube in them helped, but opted not to ..

Sounds like a fun project for tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by Wallowgreen View Post
                  I figured I should take a picture so I could remind wallowgreen of the future exactly how it all went together....

Hey Mak?
                  Ahhh yess.... the razzin' begins...

Comment

A little lube never hurt anything

Comment

Originally posted by afholderman View Post
                      What is the function of that spring?
                      That spring makes sure the "choke" plungers are kept fully closed when you don't want them engaged.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yeah, but I think getting those carbs into those engine boots was tougher than the job of cleaning them out. Wanted to insert a joke comparing how tight those boots were and how a little lube in them helped, but opted not to ..

Sounds like a fun project for tomorrow...
                        I hate to pile on more headache, but that's one of the symptoms of needing new "carb boots" (intake pipe, on the parts list). They get stiff and brittle as they get old. They often have small cracks that cause intake leaks. Or are you referring to the job of getting the carbs past the airbox?
                        Dogma
                        --
                        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                        '80 GS850 GLT
                        '80 GS1000 GT
                        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                          I hate to pile on more headache, but that's one of the symptoms of needing new "carb boots" (intake pipe, on the parts list). They get stiff and brittle as they get old. They often have small cracks that cause intake leaks. Or are you referring to the job of getting the carbs past the airbox?
                          No, you're correct. The intake boots are getting stiff but at this point I just want to start the bike and see if it idles okay. When that's done I'll probably go with new boots.

Comment

No, you're correct. The intake boots are getting stiff but at this point I just want to start the bike and see if it idles okay. When that's done I'll probably go with new boots.
                            OK. Just be ready for the possibility of a hanging idle or mixture weirdness that doesn't respond well to carb adjustments. If it runs all right, you might be able to wait a season or two for the new boots.
                            Dogma
                            --
                            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                            '80 GS850 GLT
                            '80 GS1000 GT
                            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                              OK. Just be ready for the possibility of a hanging idle or mixture weirdness that doesn't respond well to carb adjustments. If it runs all right, you might be able to wait a season or two for the new boots.
                              What exactly is "hanging idle" ?

I just started the bike up this morning (about 40*F) and it started fairly easy. It would only start when choke is fully open but when it warmed up after about a minute, I closed the choke and the RPM stayed about 2500. I know I need to tune it a bit but there is another problem that is a little worse.

The bike will not start (even after it's warm) with the choke closed. Not sure if it's supposed to do that or something is up with the choke internals.

The second thing is, when I give the bike some gas and rev it up to about 5k RPM, it instantly bogs down and dies.. if anyone know what could be causing this, let me know. Sorry if this is in the wrong post.

Comment

Working...
                              X