Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big T View Post
    Never, ever do this with any vehicle
    Amen! sure to cause voltage spike as no reference point for charging system.
    Mak: this is not a choke system with a plate that blocks carb intakes- it's a fuel enrichment system that allows extra fuel into intake manifold. If bike runs poorly with this off, it means you're getting too little fuel or too much air- as others have said, check airbox for tightness.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      Amen! sure to cause voltage spike as no reference point for charging system.
      Mak: this is not a choke system with a plate that blocks carb intakes- it's a fuel enrichment system that allows extra fuel into intake manifold. If bike runs poorly with this off, it means you're getting too little fuel or too much air- as others have said, check airbox for tightness.
      On newer vehicles with computers this will fry them.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I'm out of state right now (being a truck driver and all) but as soon as I get back home, I am planning to take off the carbs, checking the sync on them again and throwing the airbox on. Thanks for caution about the battery disconnect.

Comment

All the maintenance suggested is needed but just for curiosity's sake, I would properly install the airbox and try it. It would probably run way better. Then you could go on to take care of all the other issues with spirits buoyed.
          1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
          1983 GS 1100 G
          2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
          2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
          1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Working...
          X