What is my carb set up for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dodik View Post
    is that a dynojet 130 or mikuni 130? from what i remember 120 mikuni is 130 dynojet please correct me if im wrong. i have a mikuni 120 btw
    Mikuni 130
    you're lean on the main with those 122.5s.
    You want a main jet that will take you to redline and then you can tweak the needle and pilot.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thanks so much i'll try that this is for 750 right cause stage 3 dynojet kit only goes up to 130 in their numbering, im just trying to make sure that i dont waste time and money.

Comment

ok found the reasoning for 130's just placed an order on z1 for 130 mains and 45 pilots just in case i need them will let everyone know how it turns out

Comment

I've got a very similar set up to yours and fought almost the EXACT issue you're having. I kept the DynoJet main (125 I believe) and bumped up a pilot size to 45 (Mikuni) and the difference is night and day. Runs 10x better at higher RPM and pop's waaayy less on decel.
          Last edited by Guest; 04-19-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

well 130 mains and 45 pilots are in, it runs much better but still lacks a bit in 5th gear and is very hesitant to start, it will spin for a while until it actually catches on. should i go higher on the mains 132.5 or 135?

Comment

I need some help bike really hard to start, once it does it run pretty well. Now i got 135 mains in it and 45 pilots, checked the valves not even close to tight my .127mm or .005 in gauge fits just fine which it should as i adjusted them 500 miles ago with it. anyone else got any ideas? just now i took the backing plates off my trapp exhaust and it came to live much easier, this tells there is a problem with air flow can it be that its breathing way too much in for the pipe i have? like not creating enough flow to suck fuel in?

Comment

anyone? come on someone has experienced this before, what am i doing wrong?

Comment

would a float height thats a tad bit too low make a bike hard to start but run fine once it gets going? i set mine to factory specs but still curious if i should raise it to see if it helps?

Comment

ok it was the float height floats were way too low, now the bike starts pretty well but even with air idle adjust screw all the way out it idles at about 1.8-1.9k rpm its running way too rich and mixture screw barely affects it. Should i put my 42.5 pilots back in? (45 currently in ) or something else?

Comment

allright i put my hybrid setup back on and bike runs like it never did before almost scared the crap out of me, it actually moves damn good. Now it starts with 45 pilots and 120 mains, candian needle on center clip and this for a filter element

p.s. some dick stole my sidecover why the hell would anyone take one single side cover? if anyone sees a black mint sidecover with no badges in tri-state let me know im going to do some beating its the right one.

Comment

hey all well i've been riding with airbox and one single pod it still seemed a bit too rich i get 33mpg average. so i decided to play with pods a bit more.
                        here is what i did first switched main jets to 135 and lowered the needle (2nd spot from the top) it would start all right but had a nasty stumble at about 1/4 throttle, so i thought it was rich. so i swapped in 130 mains and it got even worst. took a plug out it seemed whiter than usual. that where it hit me that what i thought was rich was actually lean.

so i put 135 back in raised the needle to 2nd clip from the bottom and it got better but still not perfect the stumble moved up quite a bit in a rev range.

Here is the question should i buy 137.5 mains or 140s ??
                        137.5 would put me in plus 10 from 112.5 stock mains

also the pilot jets i have 45s in there now are they adequate to be in with 137.5 or do i need to bump those up as well?

Comment

Hey, bud.
                          Sorry I cannot add information to help you.
                          I too have the same setup, same issues as well.

In for some more expert advice.
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-13-2011, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X